It’s nearly time to vote, folks. But before you do, two requests from me….
PLEASE vote Labour tomorrow… (that’s the big one).
PLEASE don’t decide your vote based on any of the following statements:
- “I’ve always voted this way in the past, and don’t intend to change now.”
- “I don’t like the personality/look/background of the leader of the party.”
- “It doesn’t matter what I vote, they’ll get in anyway.”
- “There’s no point changing the government; let’s stick with what we have.”
- “I don’t like politics, it’s got nothing to do with me…”
Well, just in case the obvious needs stating, politics does have EVERYTHING to do with you. The outcome of this general election will directly affect the next five years of what happens in the United Kingdom – and if you live here, then it’s most definitely going to affect YOU.
So, stop making the kind of statements outlined above and start basing your voting decision on the policies, manifesto and underlying political ideologies of the parties.
What you’re voting on is the kind of country you want to live in:
- Do you want an NHS that provides care for everyone in society and has the public funding, staff and government support to deliver this?
- Do you want an education system that has the money and resources to provide the kind of schooling and further higher education we all deserve?
- Do you want a society where we can deliver social care, mental health care and support to each and every person in the community?
- Do you want more community police on the streets of Britain, supporting us all, looking out for the dangers and keeping us secure in an increasingly dangerous world?
If you’ve answered ‘Yes!’ to all of the above, then I’m going to repeat that plea again…
PLEASE vote Labour tomorrow.
Another five years of the Conservatives will dismantle all of the things we hold dear as a country. Privatising the public sector, health and education does NOT improve things – it merely creates a two-tier society, based around the haves and have-nots.
Now, last time I checked, the British were a proud and generous nation who believed in supporting each other, sticking together in a scrape and promoting a strong community.
So, think about that before you vote tomorrow. If you want your nation to be one that looks after the many, and doesn’t just focus on the few, you have one choice…
VOTE LABOUR and take a positive stance on the future of your country!